Thursday, April 09, 2009

Megan 7 year checkup



Okay so she's 7 years 2 months and 12 days, but it's an easy way to meet a new doctor. Here's the stats... She is 49 pounds, 47 and 1/4 inches tall. She is in the 36th percentile for weight and 28th for height. The doctor tried to tell me she was "pudgey". WHAT!?! Have you taken a glance at my child? She is not "pudgey". In my most controlled mommy voice I disagreed with her. She tried to argue with me a little, but I insisted she was NOT fat. The doctor was saying her BMI was 90. So we started going over what the nurse had written down.....weight 59....oops, she only weighs 49. So after some recalculation her BMI was 47....much better. If the doctor had taken a moment to look at my daughter before she started telling me we needed to start watching how much she eats, she would have seen there must have been a mistake. The rest of the visit wasn't much better. I wasn't too impressed with this doctor, so we will keep looking. There are too many doctors up here to settle for one I don't really care for. I need a doctor who will take their time and not make me feel like we are being rushed through. Maybe we will have better luck next time.

No comments: